Business owners in Melbourne, Florida, are discovering the benefits the Kool Duct HVAC air distribution system offers their businesses. If you’re planning an HVAC retrofit or a new building system installation, learning about the Kool Duct system will help you make an informed decision about the suitability of this premium ductwork solution for your commercial, light industrial or institutional application. The following information will help clarify the differences between this innovative air duct technology and the typical sheet metal ductwork that most homes and businesses contain.
The Kool Duct System: What is It?
The pre-insulated, lightweight, space-saving Kool Duct system includes a network of air ducts that are a more energy-efficient alternative to conventional ductwork. This system also involves using manufacturing methods and materials that exert a minimal impact on the environment. It’s a system that’s quicker and easier to install. It provides superior performance and reduces air leakage in comparison to its traditional sheet metal counterpart.
The space age system consists of duct sections that are prefabricated from fiber-free, rigid-core phenolic insulation. It’s built right into the ductwork panels. That prevents loose insulation fibers from traveling through the ductwork. As a result, this helps protect indoor air quality while reducing operational costs.
Benefit 1: Versatility
The Kool Duct system is suitable for multiple residential, commercial, institutional and light industrial applications. Customers can install and use it in the following locations and manners:
- Flush against ceilings, floors and walls
- In areas that are open to view
- Flush against surfaces inside confined spaces
- Hidden above false ceilings
- Hidden below raised floors
- As both main trunk and return lines
Benefit 2: Quick Installation
A professional can lift, carry, and set Kool Duct sections into place and secure them easily. Installation is also a simple one-step process, since there’s no need to apply a layer of insulation to the ducts afterward. As a result, you save time and money on installing the ductwork for your new commercial build or building retrofit.
Professional fabricators will install your Kool Duct system. They’ve been extensively trained to ensure your ductwork installation meets the highest quality standards in the industry. This ensures that duct size, shape, jointing, and connection decisions and methods are all handled correctly. Therefore, you won’t have to worry about something going wrong.
Benefit 3: Superior Performance
This cutting edge air distribution system provides an extensive selection of features that make good sense for every business. Therefore, there’s no excuse not to consider it.
- Quiet Operation: The system’s premium construction minimizes vibrations and other noises.
- Best-of-Class Thermal Insulation: Reduces electrical consumption by as much as 20 percent. As a result, you can save money on your monthly energy costs.
- Suitability for Clean-Air Environments: You can install this system in medical, pharmaceutical and food processing facilities.
- Moisture Resistance: The panels’ greater than 90-percent closed-cell structure makes them highly resistant to moisture and non-wicking, making the system suitable for rooftop installation.
- Fire Resistance: Ducts can retard flame and emit a negligible amount of smoke. They’ve been extensively tested by independent laboratories, which demonstrate their superior resistance to the spread of fire.
- Superior Strength: Sections are self-supporting, do not require bracing and have sufficient structural integrity to maintain their shape under operating conditions specified in the Kool Duct system guide.
- Quality Assurance: Kool Duct panels and the Kool Duct system meet strict quality assurance standards that assure you of high-quality fabrication, installation and servicing, when needed.
Space Age Comfort without the Shortcomings of Sheet Metal
Your Kool Duct air distribution system will provide your business with years of great operation. It’ll help you keep your space more comfortable without any of the issues typically caused by conventional sheet metal ductwork. As a result, you can operate your business with success in mind. Contact Merritt Island Air & Heat today at (321) 392-6564 to learn more about this innovative HVAC solution.